Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Awesome Surprise!

My surprise was…(drum roll please) Ree Drummond/Pioneer Woman's book signing at the Borders in Buckhead!!!  Wow! What an adventure it was…

 

IMG_2080

This is Melissa (my oldest daughter)the culprit that worked real hard to get everything set up for the surprise. She kept telling me she was taking me to the Nut Cracker.(I didn’t believe that though) Sorry folks I’m not a Nut Cracker kind of gal.Unless you're talking about  getting out the nut cracker and a big bag of pecans. She got a big kick out of teasing me though.

 

IMG_2084

There was lots of folks! We got there about 15 minutes early and got signed in,got our bracelets and Melissa bought the cook book and we headed upstairs…We found out that a lot of folks got their bracelets that morning so we had about 300 in front of us…  

 

IMG_2098

We started winding our way around the aisles!

 

IMG_2099

Almost there!

 

IMG_2100

Getting closer! We’ve waited for hours but it didn't seem like it had been that long!

 

IMG_2101

Isn't she just beautiful! Getting closer!

 

IMG_2104 

I made it!!! She is so sweet and down to earth!!!

 

IMG_2106

She told me to get closer for the pic! See that big old hand on her shoulder.That’s mine! I got to hug her! She’s an angle!!! Can you believe it,that's me with Ree Drummond/The Pioneer Woman! I’m still in awe…

 

IMG_2110  

Ree told me to get a t-shirt.Which was great,cause that’s mainly what I wear.(It’s the high fashion girl I am.) So we moved on over to where Hyacinth and Betsy was giving away the t-shirts.These girls are a hoot!! Hyacinth had me sit on her lap for the pic.They are so sweet and wonderful!!

Then it was time to go.

Thank you! Melissa for the cook book and  such an awesome surprise and adventure!!!! Thank you!Gary for driving us and waiting hours in the car so I could have such an adventure!!! I love you Both!!! Thank you my grandbabies for sitting and waiting also!!!

It was awesome!!! Have I said that already? It was! and if you get a chance to see PW go! Her cook book is awesome too!! Beautiful pic’s and recipes that are step-by-step just like the one’s on her site. 

Now if you will excuse me(cook book under arm and running for the kitchen!!) I’ll be in the kitchen getting more acquainted with my new awesome cook book!

Keep on Truckin

The Mother Trucker

2 comments:

  1. WHAT A GREAT SURPRISE!!!! Your daughter is a DOLL but you know that. :) Yay for getting to meet Ree! I'm so jealous. BUT I do have a sweet friend who took me (sort of) with her. She took my book, had it signed in Kansas and sent it to California! So you and I are now cookin' together outta the same book! :) You look beautiful. Fit right in with those girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely surprise!

    ReplyDelete