Monday, June 8, 2009

Homemade Peach Cobbler!

Nothing in this world can beat homemade Peach or Blackberry Clobber! It's so warm and inviting.Takes me back to my childhood, when my Grandma made it.So wonderful! Here's a very simple, easy to make and delicious recipe!
Whip one up tonight,believe me everybody in the house will thank you for it!!!




Here's what you will need:Self-rising flour,Sugar,Butter,Buttermilk,Peaches or Blackberries.
I know,you see the apples.We we're trying something different. It turned out pretty good.
I have to say though, Peach and Blackberry are my most favorite!!!


This my friend Loretta.She is a sweet-heart!!
This is her recipe and I will let her show you
How its done....Thanks Loretta for sharing!!


Pre-heat oven to 350.
Place 1 stick of butter in 2qt baking dish.Melt in Microwave,set aside.
(Use Microwave safe dish please)


Mix 1cup Self-rising flour and 1cup sugar together in bowl.



Pour in 1cup Buttermilk.
See,I told you this would be easy!


Mix well.


Pour batter over melted butter in baking dish.


Spoon in 1 large can Peaches, juice and all.
Do not drain the Peaches! Amen!


Cook for 40 minutes or until golden brown.Wah-la!
Dig in and enjoy!!! (Big Spoons Only Please!)





Peach Cobbler


1cup self-rising flour
1 cup sugar
1cup buttermilk
1 stick of butter
1 large can peaches

Pre-heat oven to 350
In 2qt baking dish melt 1 stick butter,set aside.
Combine flour,sugar and buttermilk. Mix well.
Pour batter over butter in baking dish.
Spoon in peaches.Do not drain.
Bake about 40 minutes or until golden brown.

Note:
You can use fresh peaches,here's how:
6 to 8 med.peaches
Peel and slice.Put in sauce pan and cover with 3/4 cup sugar.
Cook on low until sugar dissolves.
Then continue recipe.


Hope you make this soon. And invite me over, Please!


Many good eats!
The Mother Trucker


1 comment:

  1. YOU'RE BAAAAAAAAAAACCKKKK!!! Yay!!!! I have been wondering about you and am so glad to see you. BIG SMILES!

    That looks so delicious and those two particular cobblers are my favorites. Favorite dessert by far is anything pie-like (but only homemade).

    Thank you and HELLO!!!

    ReplyDelete