Thursday, February 5, 2009

Chicken and Rice Soup!


This is what you will need. 2 chicken breast, 2 cups white rice, 2-32oz.boxes chicken broth,8 bouillon cubes,1 celery stalk,2 carrots,1/4 cup onion,6 TBS flour,1 stick butter and 8 cups water.

Oh,before we get started!Its been so cold this week.All the way down in the teens! I know that's not cold to some,I feel for you girls.! But its cold to me! We usually have temps in the 40's and 50's around here.
Anyway it put me in the mood for some nice warm soup.
So here we go.Hope you will enjoy it!
P.S.
I'm not a pro at blogging recipes, like some of the other girls on here.I'm gonna give it a stab anyway.
Please,bare with me,okay.Hopefully I will get better as time goes on. Thanks!


Wash your chicken breasts.Don't use soap it taste nasty! Just a rinse and put them in a pot with 8 cups water, 32oz. box of the chicken broth and 8 bouillon cubes.Bring to a boil and lower heat to med to med high. Cook until chicken is done. About 20 minutes or so.Remove chicken from pot and let cool.Remove skin and bone from chicken.Chop the chicken into bite size pieces and set aside.Save your pot of broth.We will be adding the chicken
and all the other good stuff back to it later.


Next put 4 cups chicken broth and 2 cups white rice in a pot and bring to a boil.Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.I like to use all chicken broth with my rice cuz it gives it better flavor!


Now chop up all your veggies.I like to chop mine fine but you can chop yours anyway you like. Measure your flour and butter.Get your skillet out cuz were going to make a white roux! Don't be afraid you can do it! I know you can.We will use the roux to thicken our soup.


In your skillet or your neighbors, melt 4TBS of butter.On med high heat.


Add flour all at once whisking vigorously.


When mixture thins and starts to bubble,reduce heat to low and cut back on the whisking.

Cook until you smell a toasty aroma and then cook 2 minutes more,
stirring occasionally.Set aside and let cool.



Next get your veggies and skillet ready,where going to saute!


In a skillet melt 2TBS butter on med heat.


Throw all the veggies in.


Cook until tender.Add your chicken and cook for a couple minutes more.


Now add the cooked veggie mixture and roux to the pot of stock you saved and
stir. So roux and everything comes together.
Next add a cup of rice to the pot. Stir. If this is not enough
rice for you keep adding and stirring until you get the amount you like.
I use almost all the rice, cuz I do. I like it that way.Cook about 5minutes more.




Serve!
Your tummy will love ya!



The Mother Trucker



No comments:

Post a Comment